Monday 19 March 2012

Tuesday 20th March 2012

Little Lucie, bottom left looking at ducks.

Walking path around Lake.

These pictures show the route I take when I'm walking with my toy poodle, Lucie.  She knows exactly where to walk and if I deviate at all, she will know how to get home.  I just have to say "Home Lucie" and off she trots with me following behind her.  So cute.

Early evening she and I came across other small dogs being walked by their owners.  They all had a good sniff at each other and moved on.  

Shearwater Lake, Mawson Lakes SA
The lake is around 1 minute's walk from the house and it's fairly populated by people doing their walk for the day, walking the dog or children watching the ducks on the lake. There is a picnic ground at the lake with gas BBQs and covered tables and chairs.  Most often in the summer, families use these facilities for a large family gathering.  There is also close by a children's' playground where often you can hear the children's laughter as you pass by. 

 To do one round of the lake and back home is around 15 minutes walk.  I usually go further and walk around a few blocks before heading back home.  It's very pleasant.  

I'm so grateful for these beautiful and peaceful surroundings.

Love, 
Pauline

2 comments:

  1. I never knew you live near such a gorgeous lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main lake is a lot larger and is 5 minutes walk away. I will take some photos of it the next time I walk that way.

      Delete